So we finally settled on a city for the City Creation portion of the Dresden Files RPG Burning Alpha test. We were torn between LA Basin, Seattle and Las Vegas. After much discussion we decided that we would start with Vegas and if we felt the itch to hit another city, we could do that as well. So, here we go. Las Vegas... Dresdenized
City: Las Vegas (Sin City, The Entertainment Capital of the World)
- What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas
- Townies and tourists always make trouble
- That's nothing, just wait till you see what's here next weekend.
Location: UNLV (University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Home of the Rebels)
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) is a public, coeducational university located in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, known for its programs in History, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Hotel administration, Fine Arts, and Management Information Systems. The university is ranked in the category of Doctoral/Research Universities–Intensive by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The Atlantic Monthly recognized UNLV's English department as having one of the nation's most innovative MFA programs and one of the top five doctoral programs in creative writing.
- Rebel Pride
- Make ends meet
- Falls throug the cracks
- Beta Beta Omega - Basketball fraternity (They know how to get the good drugs, where the hot party, club and raves are, ears on the street for underground entertainment, compass point for entry level knowledge of casinos)
- Matthias Kaufmann - Professor of Aberrant Psychology (Criminal profiling, area history, shallow occult knowledge, access to a limited occult library on local folklore)
Location: The Strip
- Luck be a Lady
- Keep the Whales happy
- Nasir Taher - Limo Driver (Has dirt on several people of note, has seen it all happen in the back seat, knows the quickest way across town, knows all the best strip joints and brothels, won't pick up clients from the MGM Grand at any price)
- Jacqueline "Jacky" Richardson - Casino Hostess at the Wynn Hotel and Casino (Casino hostess are pretty women who are also vicious, backstabbing, gossiping, kill-or-be-killed competitors. Chances are a hostess will knows lots of shit that is happening in other casinos).
- Joe Vincenzi - Casino pit boss (Joe is an old school mob guy who got put out of business by facial recognition software. Now he scrapes by working as a pit boss and is angry at the world for his shit lot in life)
- Country Club Resort
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (Lab, Coroner's Office, Police Administrator)
- Fremont Street Experience
- Voodoo Lounge (On top of the Rio Hotel/Casino)
- Valley of Fire